This tutorial will give you step-by-step instructions for installing Kodi on your Fire TV or Fire Stick. The Amazon Fire devices are some of the most popular devices for running Kodi.
Stop your ISP and your government from spying on your activity. Use a VPN to protect your privacy. A VPN is an essential tool when you are using any free or low-cost streaming application or service. Especially if you are using a jailbroken Fire TV or Fire Stick or Android box. ALWAYS use a VPN if you want the best streaming experience, the best selection of media and don't want your ISP to slow you down or shut you down. I recommend IPVanish VPN for all my clients and I use it on all my devices. Get 57% Discount On IPVanish VPN
Your IP is: 22.214.171.124
Secure Your Connection
7-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Click Here To Get Your Discount - Expires Soon
Stop your ISP and your government from spying on your activity. Use a VPN to protect your privacy. A VPN is an essential tool when you are using any free or low-cost streaming application or service. Especially if you are using a jailbroken Fire TV or Fire Stick or Android box.
ALWAYS use a VPN if you want the best streaming experience, the best selection of media and don't want your ISP to slow you down or shut you down. I recommend IPVanish VPN for all my clients and I use it on all my devices.
Get 57% Discount On IPVanish VPN
- Scroll across the top menu and select Settings
- Select Device
- Select Developer Options
- Select Apps from Unknown Sources, and, if it is turned off, click it once to turn it on.
A word of caution: Allowing installation of third-party applications can be a risk, and Amazon clearly warns you of that risk. However, our engineers here at Kodi America are not aware of any security threat to your network that could be carried out through your Fire Stick or Fire TV. That does not mean the some apps don’t exist out there that are malicious. Just use some good common sense and make sure you are installing apps that you trust.
Sometimes installing a third-party can cause the Fire TV or Fire Stick to malfunction. While this is very rare, you can overcome this problem by doing a factory reset on your device and things will go back to normal. You can then try again. Maybe the install file was corrupted. But, we rarely see these types of problems.
- Now, go back to the Home screen on the Fire Device.
- Go to the Search screen on the device and search for “Downloader”.
- Under Apps and Games you will see the Downloader app. Select to install the app.
- You will see an icon to Download the app. Click this and the app will download and install.
- The Download icon will change to an Open icon. Click this icon to open the app.
- When asked if you want to allow Downloader to access photos, etc. click Allow. This give the app access to the file you will be downloading and installing.
- A Quick Start menu will come up. Select OK to enter the program.
- Press the Select button on remote and they keyboard will come up.
- Enter the following URL http://bit.ly/kodi176
- Kodi will start downloading.
- When asked if you want to install the file you just downloaded, choose Install
- Kodi will install on the Fire Stick of Fire TV.
- Once Kodi is installed, click Open.
- Now you will see the main Kodi screen – click on the icon to exit Kodi (it is the leftmost icon below the Kodi logo) and return to the Fire TV of Fire Stick.
- You should be back in the Downloader app at this point. Click Delete to get rid of Kodi
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to delete it. Click Delete again.
- Press the Home button to return to the Fire TV or Fire Stick Home screen.
- Press the home button on your Fire TV or Fire Stick remote until you see the following screen. Then click on Apps
- Click on Kodi and then choose Move to move it to the front of your application list.
- Click the Select button when you have Kodi where you want it.
- Now, click the Home button on your Fire TV/Stick remote control to go back to the Home screen. You should see Kodi in the front of your Apps & Games section.
AFTER INSTALLING KODI: Kodi does not do much by itself. In order to get the biggest benefit out of you Kodi device, you should install one of the great Kodi Builds so you can watch movies and TV shows as well as live sports and more!