Kodi allows you to stream movies and TV shows on your Fire TV or Fire Stick, as well as Android, Windows and Linux. But many of our readers live in Spanish speaking countries and want to enable subtitles or Spanish audio to watch these streams in their native language.
Your IP is: 18.104.22.168 - Secure Your ConnectionStop your ISP and your government from spying on your activity. Use a VPN to protect your privacy. A VPN is an essential tool when you are using any free or low-cost streaming application or service. Especially if you are using a jailbroken Fire TV or Fire Stick or Android box. ALWAYS use a VPN if you want the best streaming experience, the best selection of media and don't want your ISP to slow you down or shut you down. I recommend IPVanish VPN for all my clients and I use it on all my devices.
Always use a VPN when streaming media online
This tutorial will show you how to enable Spanish subtitles and audio in Exodus. This tutorial works in all forks of Exodus, including Covenant and Placenta. Different builds have different forks of Exodus available. Here I will use Placenta. Placenta is one of the best forks of Exodus and offers lots of high-quality providers in many languages. If your build does not contain Placenta, any fork of Exodus should look and behave about the same.
- First, open Placenta and scroll down and select Tools
- Then choose SETTINGS: General from the list
- Under General Options, you will see Providers Language
- Click on it and change it to whatever language you want.
- Click OK
- On the left menu again, scroll down to Subtitles
- First, you must enable subtitles
- Also, enable Convert Subtitles to UTF-8
- Then, choose which language is primary and which language is secondary.
- Click OK to save the settings.
- Finally, go back to the main Placenta screen and browse for the movie you want. The Audio and Subtitles should now be in the language of your choice.
- One of the things we recommend, is turning on Auto Play in Placenta. This makes for a more seamless viewing experience by allowing Placenta to choose the best stream for you, instead of having to choose it every time.
- Go to Tools in the main menu
- Click on Playback in the menu
- Then, in the screen on the right, you will see Default Action
- This is usually set to Directory by default.
- Click the little arrow beside that to change the setting to Auto Play
- Click OK to save.
NOTE: Choosing providers of a certain language limits your choices in some cases. Not all movies and TV shows are available in Spanish. If you want to ensure that you have the maximum amount of choices, then only set the provider language to English, as there are more English providers. This will result in mostly English content, but you will have more search results, but in English with Spanish subtitles.
Now that you know how to Access Spanish Content on Kodi. Be sure to secure your connection with a VPN to keep your ISP from slowing you down, spying on you or blocking you. For more information, be sure to check out our article What is a VPN? Why do I need it?